Thursday, December 18, 2008

My day yesterday in the ice storm


Yep, boys and girls, that is my car STUCK in our front yard. See how the tire tracks just keep SLIDING to the left!! I was trying to take my first grader to the bus stop around 10am due to the 2 hour delay yesterday. Gregg said "It'll be fine, just put it in 4-wheel drive!" SURE!!! =) We just kept sliding and sliding until I yanked on the E brake to stop. All the while my oldest is screaming in the back seat "Mom, I don't WANT to go to school today!" So, I ran in, put my boots on, and starting walking. Luckily, one of our nice neighbors picked my oldest up and took him to the bus stop so he could go to school. Later, after it thawed out a bit, the car went down the drive just fine so I could pick him up.

I just LOVE Indiana weather...NOT!! Oh WHY did I move from Texas back to HERE!! I can hear my Texas friends laughing all the out here in the snow and ice......{SIGH}

Hope you all are having a good day. Stay tuned I may have more ice photos to come, it is coming our way again. Angie, you picked a GREAT time to escape to a warmer place, so JEALOUS girl!!



Picture of my skating rink...aka my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment