Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Traditions


As the holiday approaches, quite quickly I might add, and I am stuck here in Midwestern HELL with all the ice, freezing rain and freezing temperatures I thought I would share a few traditions that we do here at the Enderle household.


Trade the old for the new - We go thou all the toys in the playroom and their rooms and get rid of toys they don't play with anymore. If they are still in good condition, we put them all in a box for Santa to take with him to give out to kids that need them


Pajama Elf - We have an elf deliver new Christmas pajamas to our door every Christmas Eve. Then they have nice, new clean jammies on for Christmas morning pictures! =)


Feed the Reindeer - We sprinkle some Cheerios, granola and raisins in the driveway so that the reindeer can have a snack while Santa is visiting.


Elf on the Shelf - This is new one for us this year, but I love it!! The elf is delivered to us by Santa to keep an eye on the boys. He flies back to Santa every night and give him a report. Come Christmas, we lay the box out and Santa takes Bob the Elf with him and will mail him to us again next Christmas.


Christmas Eve Dinner - My daddy's hamburgers on the grill. That's right, no matter what the weather, Gregg is out grilling some delicious homemade hamburger that was my dad's recipe. We have homemade fries too!


Christmas Lights Tour - We have yet to do this one this year. We all get in our PJ's, load up in the car with a thermos of hot chocolate and take off to the nearest neighborhood that our local paper advertised for the best lights! The kids love this. And they THINK they are staying up SO LATE because we are out in the dark...but it gets dark at 6pm =)


I think this is it. I have SO many more I would like to do, just never organized enough or have enough time.


What do you and your family do around the holidays? Leave me a comment or email me, I'd love to hear what you do! I may even try to add it to our list of holiday traditions!!


B

No comments:

Post a Comment