Sunday, December 7, 2008

The view from my couch


As I sit on my couch last night sipping my hot tea (WISHING I could snap my fingers and have a Starbucks salted carmel hot chocolate) after a long day of cookie baking and pre-making snacks for football Sunday, I decided I love my Christmas decorations. And almost every one of them have a meaning behind it. So I thought I would share. Follow along the photo if you'd like.

In the very front, bottom of the photo is our round table with a tablecloth over it that my mother in law made me. (table is also from my in-laws house). It also matches the tree skirt (not in the photo) that she made Gregg and I when we first got married. Sitting on top of that table is a basket full of greenery and poinsettias. This was made by my father many years ago. It is from my families very first Christmas tree. When my parent got rid of it, dad made me and my sisters a basket full of our first Christmas tree.

On top of the TV cabinet is a little lighted tree. This tree my mother made. She makes these as gifts. Next to the lighted tree is a nativity scene. This nativity scene is so cute!! They are little children. This came from my grandmother. Behind it is a poinsettia and greenery. This came from my Aunt Bernice's house after she died.

On the table with the lamp, there is two picture frames. One holds a picture of Gregg and I with my parents on one of my dads last Christmas'. The other holds Gregg and I's first Christmas as a married couple. Even the lamp is a favorite heirloom. I have a matching set of these that used to be in my parents room for many years.

The stockings hanging on the stairs are made by me at a moms club craft night when I lived in Ft. Worth Texas.

It makes me sad to think all the people I love that made or gave me these wonderful gifts are in heaven now (Except my mom and Gregg thank goodness). But I am also thankful that I have all these wonderful memories to look at during the holidays while I enjoy the view from my couch.


Boys making cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment