Friday, November 21, 2008

Bah-Humbug!


Every year....EVERY YEAR I KNOW I have to buy gifts for family, friends and the kids....and EVERY year I DREAD going out in November and shopping. It's just not fun anymore. Fighting crowds, shopping sales, looking for the PERFECT gift and then find out it cost $50 buck MORE then you can afford!!
Don't get me wrong, I love my little kids faces as they open their gifts on Christmas day, but it's gotten so commercialized. I mean, they have a TON of toys upstairs that they just HAD to have, and they NEVER play with them. And forget about all the electronic games, we don't have a Wii, PlayStation, or even a Atari (remember those ;) in this house. Its a board game, card game or on an occasion a computer game. I fight enough with my 6 year old, I don't want to through THAT into the mix. He is addicted already. His grandpa has one at the lake, and we fight with him there in the summer time to get out and swim and play then play video game in the dark basement!

Anyway, I babble. Shopping online HAS improved my spirit some, but only if you get a good deal on shipping. I had a toy I wanted to buy one of the kids, and this was the ONLY gift I found I wanted to buy from this site. By the time shipping was tagged on, I was almost paying double the amount of the items...AHHH!
So, I am off to conquer the holiday shopping world. Wish me luck...and if I get too depressed, I may just buy something for myself to put under the tree ;)

1 comment:

  1. Do some shopping for me online, will ya? I don't even enjoy that anymore. Happy holidays sista'!
    Ang
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete